Friday, July 29, 2011

Post-Internship Dinner

I never intended for this to be a food blog, but I only have 10 more days of kitchen access. My family wasn't home when I got home from the internship [the last day- yippee!], so I went ahead and fixed myself a mini-meal.

I started out with about 1/4 cup of whole-wheat flour, and sprinkled in a little bit of baking powder. I then added some Italian herbs, water, and a teensy bit of minced garlic. I don't know the ratio of water to flour, but you're looking for a consistency similar to pancake batter.

Heat up the pan and lightly butter it before you pour in the flatbread batter. After you've flipped it, cover the top with fresh basil leaves.

I raided the fridge for some leftover grilled zucchini, and covered it with Trader Joe's spaghetti sauce and a touch of Parmesan. It was so good that I ended up making a second one :)

Hungry yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment